View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Schenn for JVR made sense from the perspective that Schenn had nothing on JVR: he didn't have the skating, he didn't have the skills, he didn't even have a size advantage on JVR. He was just a former high pick with a weak package of skills that wasn't much of a gamble.

Gardiner has a ton of tools and is further along in development to boot than Monahan or Horvat. You have to realize that when you want to trade Gards for one of these picks, there's a huge draft day markup and hype you're buying into. Strictly from a prospect point of view, you probably think Horvat is a better investment than a Radek Faksa or something like that. Why? Because Faksa doesn't have his draft day sizzle anymore.
I am a believer this draft is a Center strong draft whereas last year's was a Defence strong draft. I always like to have the odds on my side, and when reputable scouts say this is the best draft since 2003, you have to like your chances.

I also believe when a Center is established, you cannot get your hands on one other than drafting one. Defencemen are easier to get. I also see Rielly as better than Gardiner in the long run, he is a better passer, and already has the strength that Jake lacks.

To me it is very logical, if we are going to move on a Monahan, Lindholm, or Horvat, this is the time. If Gardiner falters next season, the opportunity is lost.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote