View Single Post
06-10-2013, 10:00 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Rhetorical question here.

Is everyone completely happy with the drafting this team has seen over the last 10 years?

I mean, we do have some very solid players, but still lacking that one legit 1st liner or that offensive catalyst on D seems concerning.

Also, the passivity that permeates most, not all, the drafted players I find alarming.

I guess the real question I have is, what role did and does Gorton have with regards to the players we target at the Drafts?

I see people talk about Gorton's role is how the Bruins look today and think to myself that we are a long ways off from being as physically stubborn as they are. Talent match up may be even, but they have a group of players that get after the game and don't give a frickin inch.

We are nothing like that. So if Gorton has had a big hand in formulating this current team, then I'm not sure I trust him as the GM of this team. Seems like we are going to see more of the same passive personalities getting drafted.

I'd hate that.
The organization has to draft bigger aggressive players if it wants a bigger aggressive team. The fact (no matter who done the drafting for the last 30 years) this organization tends to gravitate to the slight built less aggressive types. Who doesn't wish we had a Barry Beck and Nick Fotiu type on this team. McIlrath has been the greatest anomaly to that trend. God we all hope he turns out to be a player. this team may have toughness(willing to take a hit to make a play) but rarely dish it out.