View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Draekke

vCash: 50
Puppy Breeders in Edmonton/Surrounding Area

Hey everyone. Very OT, obviously, and if it needs to be moved to the OT thread, I understand...just hoping to get some good responses if anyone knows anything about this.

I'm looking for some help/info from fellow dog enthusiasts for my girlfriend who is searching for reputable, responsible good dog breeders to purchase a puppy from. She is looking for small to medium puppy breeds, preferably blackhaired dogs as well. She is very specific for what she is looking for, hence the reputable breeders, as she has been reading up on the important questions to ask breeders before purchasing.

The breeds that she's been most interested in are: Havanese, Morky (Maltese/Yorkie), Maltipoo (Maltese/Poodle), Cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel/Poodle), Yorki Crosses, as examples. Any similar breeds are of interest still, however.

The most important information she is looking for is guaranteed health of the puppies, and the genetics of the puppies, so as to minimize the chances of health problems. She is also not interested in breeders who don't take good care of the puppies (and she has already been to one place in particular that was dirty, and the puppies were kept together in a very small kennel).

Any info would be great. My apologies to mods if this is in the wrong area.