View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not that I want to absolutely go on with that debate....but I thought that was worthy of being seen....Harsh words from Melanson...

Says that Price kept regressing since the day he left.....Says that Price is all over the place right now. But wouldn't mind come in again to work with Carey f things don't go well with him in Vancouver. Says that Price wasn't exactly working that hard during practices...Says that Groulx wasn't exactly helping, that he wanted to be his friend instead...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/l...price-1.630697
I think it will be a long wait for Melanson to come back to Montreal, especially after this interview.

You get a sense that Melanson was enjoying a 14 year tenure in Montreal and it came crashing down on him because of what he feels was Price's work ethic.

This is the guy that knows price as well as anyone, and opines that Price is an unpolished gem still after almost 350 games in the NHL.

Roy's comments, Melanson's comments, the firing of Groulx. All points to Price being a work in progress. Let's hope the next coach whoever he is can get to the root of the problem.