Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers Name Alain Vigneault Head Coach
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 02:35 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Do we have the offensive personnel to accomplish that, though?
I think offense and defense goes hand in hand nowadays, so I don't think we got much option.

You can only do so much offensively unless you have the personell. In the broad picture, it takes elite talent to be an elite scoring team. Its of course possible to build a team on which you managed to get several offensively talented but flawed in other areas-players to function. But you definitely need to be able to win momentum and stay up ice to be able to defend with decent results in the NHL today.

We will need alot of things on our roster. We will need size. We will need speed. We will need toughness. We will need play making ability on the PP. It remains to be seen how some of our D's react to a coach that let them actually pass the puck, and how much of their passing game litterary have been destroyed while playing under Torts, but we will also need puckmoving ability from the blueline.

My point is just, I do not think we can look at what roster we have when we decide how to play. There aren't many options.