Thread: Confirmed with Link: Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 07:57 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Right here. Wonderful idea. Subban proves he's worth a good sized contract, Habs fans win.

What I want to know is where are the people who wanted a 10-12 year deal for Carey Price before the last CBA expired.

In a proven results versus potential debate, put me on the results side of the argument.
WHOA WHOA WHOA. Who said this? Please quote so I can laugh and laugh. Look at all the 10-year contracts that have worked out for goalies and their teams (Luongo? DiPietro? Bueller? Bueller?)

Seriously, anyone who wanted Price to sign a 10+ term contract is simply nuts. Even i, one of the biggest of Price fanboys could see that would be ridiculous, regardless of the cap hit.

People seriously need to wake the **** up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Taking risks and managing your players/contracts is also part of the job. Ideally, you sign up your young players to cheaper long term deals just before they prove their full worth.
Tell that to the Oilers, who fired their GM very recently...(Hall 7 years/42 million, Eberle 6 years/36 million)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
They are holding firm that the bridge contract is the only reason Subban showed up. He needed to impress to get paid for his next contract...

I will never buy that reasoning. PK has proven, to me at least, that he is a cut above the rest and will continue to improve, because HE WANTS TOO!
I buy it. Although I also buy that PK is a competitor and probably pays just as well if he were paid 10 million or 1 million per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Congrats on PK!!!

(imo he was a superstar as soon as he joined our Habs).

p.s.: I still laugh at those who can't give credit to Subban (ex: mad/angry/bitter Gorges who played crappy D this season)...and many still say ''PK Subann still has a lot to learn from Markov...'' (Markov this, Markov that... yet Markov never ever came close to winning the Norris and never ever did anything for our Habs during the playoffs.... would love to magically remove Markov and add another PK Subban to our lineup...we'd have the best top 4 in the NHL IF we somehow added another PK Subban, but there's only one PK).
Habs fans are the greatest. Your memories are all very short (most of you). Markov was the best defenseman to come out of the Montreal system since like Eric Desjardins or maybe Patrice Brisebois.

Markov never won the Norris because in the time-frame of his prime years, Norris went to Lidstrom almost every year and then he was injured when it went to Chara, Karlsson, etc.

But keep on thinking that Markov's terrible. POs he hasn't played as well (especially recently, but injuries...) but he's still a top 10 defenseman in the NHL, along with PK Subban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Just thinking back at some of the ridiculous comments made about Subban before the year started is making me giggle a bit.

I remember when people were saying Subban + 3rd overall (Galchenyuk) wouldn't be enough to get the 1st overall (Yakupov) - fun stuff
LOL people are hilarious. Price should get a 10+ year term contract. Subban + 3rd isn't enough to get 1st overall.

People need to learn how to project player's development and their histories like professionals. Oh wait, this is HF Boards...what am i saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He's no Erik Karlsson.
Like people have said before, Erik Karlsson is no PK Subban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
Nah. At the moment, most of us hate the Pens more than the habs. I suspect that will change in October.
I'm not going to lie, I hate the Bruins...more specifically Chara, Lucic, and Marchand. However, would I love to have every single one of those guys on the Habs? Abso-****ing-lutely.

What's even more impressing is the Bruins front office. What Chiarelli has done in 7 years there is nothing short of amazing. In 5 years there he made a Cup winning team. He made some great trades/signings (Chara, Kessel, Ryder, Recchi, Horton, Rask, etc.), he drafted well (Kessel, Lucic, Marchand (all in 2006), Seguin) and they won a cup and are contending for another this year.

Quote:
Subban is the Joffrey (Game of Thrones) of HFboards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlagos Blue View Post
I see him as a pre-chopped hand Jaime Lannister. Smug, confident the best at what he does. Furthermore nobody respects him as proven constantly by everyone calling him kingslayer and also cause of his wealth. Joffrey is just a whinny little b***h.
Quote:
I meant hatred wise. No one really hates Jamie (I don't think) but so many people hate Joffrey, although there is cause for it.

side note: Arya is going to be bad ass!
Crosby is King Joffrey. PK Subban should be Tyrion Lannister (instead of dwarf, he's an odd-man out black athlete in a mostly white athlete sport who excels at what he does despite of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Plekanec is a competent centre. He's not someone that should be grouped as part of a "mess".

OTOH, Desharnais was disappointing especially after he signed his new deal. He needs to be better if the habs want to boast 3 balanced lines next year.

Plekanec-Deharnais might look mediocre, but plekanec-desharnais-eller looks better. Their strength at centre is in the depth.

Shore up the 3rd pairing/defensive depth, and try to get a top 6 winger who can take some load off of gionta. Its time to start that transition.
3rd pairing is fine. It's our top 4 that needs work. Right now, Gorges and Emelin are in our top 4. Emelin i'm fine with, but Gorges? I don't think he's a top 4 guy (fringe top 4, more suited for our 3rd pairing). Problem is, Tinordi and Diaz are great for our 3rd pairing. IMO, we should trade gorges and a pick for a solid two-way defenseman to play with Emelin/Markov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
If be surprised if he signs for under $6 million. I'm think right around what Price got ($6.5 million).
I'd be suprised if he signs for under $7 mil/year. I'm thinking he either signs 7 years/49 million or 8 years/56 million. There is absolutely no chance in PK regressing, so let's do it.

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote