Thread: News Article: 5 Potential X-Factors for 2013-2014
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 08:16 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Chris Kreider is the ****. I was watching the Rangers-Caps game 7 on the NHL Network on Sunday. The speed pushing back the Caps. Setting up the goal by Asham. Pierre McGuire lost his mind on that sequence. Torts finally played Kreider in a more prominent role but it was too late. In game 5 against Boston,Kreider was laying out the Bruins. The Rangers need more of that. He can skate. He has size. He can shoot the puck.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...swO/story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
JT Miller. He can play the left side and center. Miller played the wing until he went to the US program in Ann Arbor. They put him in the middle. He seems more involved in the middle. There were a few games where Boyle(scratch) or Richards were out and Miller played well. There was one game against the Islanders on LI where Torts had Miller with Callahan and Gaborik. They played really well in that game. Torts didn't trust him in the middle because it was a 48 game season. I read something by Bill Walsh in Sports Illustrated on young players. If you see a young player make a great play,its the coaching staff responsibility to get that level of play out of the player on a consistent basis. He scored those two nice goals against the Islanders. The kid has the ability to do that. Miller hurt his wrist. He would have been a factor in the playoffs if he was healthy.
Both big bodies who, when playing well, like to throw their weight around. They will help, hopefully in the near future.

I think Miller is more suited to the RW or Center, although I could be mistaken. He is very good at handling the puck which is why I think they like him at center.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote