Thread: Proposal: Buf - lak
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Prospector74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
What kind of package would you take from us to get Vanek with bernier? Would Bernier+ Pearson work with Buffalo eating salary?
No, not even close. Bernier cannot be the main piece in a Vanek deal. Pearson is not the main piece either. Toffoli is really the only prospect/young talent I'd be interested in from the Kings as the main piece coming back the other way. The others are nice as add ins but without Toffoli I don't see the deal happening. WRT Bernier, I really like his game but would rather roll with Enroth than give up significant assets for him. Bernier has been fantastic over several seasons in a backup/temp lead dog role during injuries but has not been the lead dog for a full season yet. Plenty of goalies have faltered when put in that lead dog role for the full season and been relegated back to backup/split time guys. Do I think Bernier can get the job done? Yes. Am I 100% confident? No. I'd be upset if we traded Vanek for that. Vanek for Toffoli and Bernier with us adding Enroth I would do but again, not interested in anything other than Toffoli in the prospect/young talent area. Not insulting Bernier's ability, just not interested in him as the major piece for Vanek.

Prospector74 is offline   Reply With Quote