View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draekke View Post
I'll check with her, but any info would be great. The only thing I could imagine being an issue, is that she wants to get puppies who are very young (as soon as breeders normally sell them 8-10 weeks), and that she wants a puppy that has been taken care of, which may have been an issue in rescue situations I imagine.

But information is still great, and she may find a puppy from a rescue organization that fits what she is looking for.
Is your GF 100% sure she is ready for a puppy? Has she had dogs before? will she and you have tons of time for the dog? Puppies are a lot of work early on and take lots of time and patience. Even after they grow up dogs are still a major responsibility, long term.

I'm not trying to rain on a parade but it's important to be 100% sure you have the time for a pup and dog as they grow.

re breeders, do a web search for the breed and alberta and you should fund some, look at their web site and look for the health guarantees you seek. fire off email questions to them. Visit the breeder if you can to see their set up. It should be a nice clean facility and try and stay away from breeders that have too many breeding dogs.