Thread: Youtube: habs vs sens
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 10:59 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Won fights ? They did. Sadly, it was after the brawl. Lost 2, tied 2 in it. Not a good out come.

After that, however, Montreal wanted to keep going to regain some manlihood and Ottawa refused and didn't want to take part in it. Why didn't they want to ? Because their heavies were all gone in that line brawl. Luckily for Ottawa the refs kept it calm giving penalties right away and stepping in to break up fights.

I'd love to see Turris actually accept the fight invitation. I'm sure Conacher would. Subban would likely still win and Gallagher Vs. Conacher would be close. Two midgets trying to wail on each other.

After the failed line brawl, Prust and Bourque could do whatever they wanted. No one on the sens even remotely stepped up to them and told them to settle down, or stop because it would mean they'd accept it as a challenge and go with them. Methot is a big, strong guy. Not very co-ordinated in the fighting aspect, but I'm sure he could have at least tied one of them up and hoped someone would take on the other and tie him up, get them out of the way and protect their team.

It's what makes both Ottawa and Montreal two of the softest teams in the league. Habs don't have a heavy and Ottawa lacks depth.

I'm sure both will try to address the matter in the off season.

Ottawa is not soft. So much fail in this post or is this sarcasm?

Oh well. Very entertaining series regardless and it was a great war of words between fans, players and coaches but Ottawa made montreal look so bad in the playoffs.