View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
If he stayed in shape consistently he would be a beast, maybe one of the best D in the league. Unfortunately if he hasn't figured that part of the game out at this point, he never will.
He would also need to upgrade his defensive game. He has a lot of size and skill but his overall production falls way short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Looking at the numbers, I'm quite sure that the Flyers would buy out Briere long before Bryz. Briere's cap hit is high for what he brings now and there's only two years left on his deal. His buyout money would be 3.3M (total!) over 4 years. Bryz is 23M over 14 years.

The Flyers are stuck for the next 1-2 years, after that, the cap will go up. Easy solution: buy out Briere, get 6.5 back in cap hit and it cost only 3.3M total.

Bryz term is ridiculous agreed, but he's a proven goaltender and his cap hit is not that bad. You still need a goalie anyway. Help him with some defense and see what happens.

That's what I mean when I say we can forget about these 10-20M buyouts. Most teams have an underperforming player with little money owed. These will go long before the big contracts.
Briere to me is a no brainer. Bryzgalov would surprise me but sort of wouldn't. Maybe their best option with Bryz is some kind of trade for another bad contract(Fleury?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
As exciting as they may be to follow, Holmgren and Sather really screw with a lot of teams and the salary balance in the NHL with the contracts they give out. Obviously there are more examples but these two really grind my gears.

Who gives Bryz that kind of term or money? Ridiculous.
Holmgren to me is massively overrated on here. Most of Phillie's big assets were there before he arrived and he's not shown he can take them to the next level. He's shown "balls" with a few deals, but as a GM brains beats balls all week and twice on Sundays.