Thread: Speculation: Buff Too Big?
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Aries56

vCash: 500
Yeah I don't know where I got the 240 number, but I did remember reading an article when the season started in January. It was by Ken Wiebe, it didn't actually give numbers but they did say he was in good shape.

Quote:
It wasn't the first time questions have been asked about Byfuglien's fitness and conditioning level.

And sadly, it won't likely be the last.

For the time being though, we're here to tell you they belong on the back-burner.

A day earlier, Jets captain Andrew Ladd said he wasn't worried about what type of shape Byfuglien was in and now we know why, as it was clear that the two-time All-star spent plenty of time in the gym during the lockout.

Byfuglien made his first appearance at the MTS Iceplex on Wednesday morning and contrary to some speculation, he didn't resemble an overweight offensive lineman.

In fact, after travelling down to Minneapolis for a sit-down interview with Byfuglien near the end of September, I thought he was in pretty good shape at the time and several months later, he still looks fit.
We heard rumors last year that he was overweight and it all worked out in the end. IF Byfuglien is out of shape right now, I believe it will be addressed this off season.

Too early to be a concern IMO, but leave it to Lawless to make a big deal out of it.

Aries56 is offline   Reply With Quote