Thread: News Article: 5 Potential X-Factors for 2013-2014
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 12:18 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Leg strength, its all about leg strength. That's why hockey is great, you can be 5'9 or 6'9, if you don't know skating, balance and have weak legs you're in trouble. I played some competitive hockey in my day, and even though I was average/or below height, my legs were solid, my family is blessed with tree trunks for thighs

When you drive through a player using your legs, no matter what his size you can lift that player off his feet, disrupt his balance or knock'em into the boards.
Agreed. And McDonagh and Girardi are more than solid. Staal as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Viper, the Rangers defense has height but not weight. Look at the average weight of the Capitals starting 6. Look at the average weight of the Bruins starting 6. Even Pittsburgh. A former Ranger (hint: his number hangs at the Garden) told me before the Capitals series that we're too undersized on the back-end. "Watch how they're going to pin us in our own end" he said. McIlrath should help but to say the Rangers defense is "huge" is a bit of a mischaracterization.
I wouldn't complain if, on top of McIlrath they were able to add someone who could actually put some fear into opposing forwards ala Orpik or Weber but I don't see it happening. Maybe Moore can take that next step, or McDonagh can add a bit of a mean streak to himself.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote