View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 12:49 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
I am not sure if I like this at all. The biggest problem I have is 2nd and 3rd lines. Couturier is going to be used in a defensive role. He has too, no way around it yet. Could you imagine Briere starting in his own end like 65% of the time? I'd cry. And if it were Gagne it would just turn into a defensive line and Line 3 would have to be counted on for offense which would be a lot of pressure on Laughton. Also, Simmonds was easily one of the top 3 forwards on the team. I want him on a top line and him on the first PP. I do like the idea of Schenn on the wing because him and Couts are so bad on the faceoffs having them on 2 different lines losing that many faceoffs was brutal and put a lot of pressure on the defense and goalies. Here is how I would do it, if you wanted Schenn at wing and feel free to disagree

Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds
Schenn - Couturier -Voracek
Gagne - Laughton - Read
Talbot -Hall -Rinaldo
McGinn or w/e

Schenn gets added with Voracek whom he played best with and lets Couts get a chance with some offensive players. Hartnell gets to stay with Giroux (Hartnell at his contract needs to produce). I like the idea of protecting Giroux with Simmonds and Hartnell and them together on the PP was awesome the past 2 season. Gagne and Read would help Laughton a ton. Also, while it puts pressure on Laughton in his own zone, I would feel okay with the top 3 lines in any defensive situation and could rely more on matchups other than "Flyers faceoff in their own zone, better call Couturiers line."
Actually, I like your lineup better, but will Giroux and Voracek be separated at this point?