Thread: News Article: 5 Potential X-Factors for 2013-2014
View Single Post
06-11-2013, 12:58 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Skjei is like Bouwmeester and Hedican. Really good skater. Great skater. Isn't very physical and doesn't have great puck skills. He was an offensive guy in high school because he was so much better than the other players. Skjei patterns his game after Nick Leddy who is another Minnesota guy. Maybe he gets the chance to show more than he did last season. The opportunity will be there for Skjei in the fall. The Gophers lost 3 upperclassmen D. Don Lucia said Skjei and Mike Reilly will be relied on much more this coming season. Skjei's uncle owns a pro skating business in Minnesota.
By puck skills, i assume you mean "dangling" for lack of a better term.

He is a good passer and is patient with the puck when he has it in his own end, looks for the open man, and will take a hit to make the play. That's how he got injured early in the season. Took a huge hit but got the puck up ice to his teammate, and Minnesota went on the attack.

The thing that has always stood out to me about Skjei, is his skating, positioning, and his mind for the game. He most often keeps himself between the puck and his own net. He uses his foot speed to close gaps and rub guys out of the play. He also has a good shot from the point.

McDonagh, Moore, Skjei...i enjoy watching these kinds of defensemen play.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote