View Single Post
06-11-2013, 02:15 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Oh lord, you knew what I meant, it was a typo. I fixed it over an hour ago. Get over it.

I provided the links which had the reports from McKenzie and Dreger, two of the most reputable insiders in the business. I didn't make the numbers out of this air as you accused me of doing.

The Habs wanted a 2 year 5 million deal (yes yes it was a typo, it doesn't change what I was saying before), while Subban reportedly wanted 4.5 to 5.5 million on a longer deal, some reports suggesting at least 5 years. I didn't pull these numbers out of my ass as you suggested. We could have potentially signed Subban long-term for cheaper. Of course it remains to be seen how much he will actually get on his next deal, but considering he originally asking for 4.5 after only two seasons, I wouldn't be surprised to see his agent ask for more.

The article says McKenzie reported that they were approximately 3 million dollars apart. The authors of the article suggested the 5.5 million. McKenzie was on Habs radio several times and said that Subban was asking around 4.5 million a year.

You're just being obtuse.

And I quoted it long before you fixed it. I had no idea you made a typo. I just came back here and it was changed.

He wanted 4.5 million short term. Not for 6 years.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote