View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 03:52 PM
blinkman360
Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
A. i'm definitely not convinced that that would be the best offer: a mid-1st pick, a prospect who reportedly demanded a trade months ago, and Andrew freaking MacDonald. if there is a team that is willing to move a top-10 pick for Letang, the Pens would look at that offer more than the Isles offer.

B. if they can sign him for less than $7M per year, the Pens keep Letang anyway instead of trading him to a division rival that already matched up well against the Pens. why should they give that team more of an edge by trading Letang?
Why the hate for A-Mac? He's a legit top-4(has been playing top-pair for the last 2 years) who is only 26 years old and making peanuts. I suppose the main pieces of the trade, upside-wise, would be Nino(who regardless of whether he asked to be traded, shouldn't effect his value at all... the Isles don't have to move him; he's still a 20 year old top goal-scoring prospect coming off of a solid AHL and WC showing and is NHL ready) and the 15th, but MacDonald is no throw-in by any means.

IF a team offers a top-10 pick for a potential rental(as good as Letang is), I don't expect much more to be included. I suppose it comes down to what you value more...

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote