View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I still think the bridge contract was the way to go, they got Subban to buy into the new way of things and he went on to have his best season. Of course if they can't get Subban locked up long term for the next contract then it would be a disaster but when you have one of the best young defensemen in the NHL, he'll get paid for sure. As for costing the Habs more down the road, I could care less, as long as he's locked up long term, happy with his contract and playing like he can then both sides win which is what you want.
I find it hard to credit the contract with his attitude simply because we all know how hard he worked in the offseason before getting a contract so it sounds dubious.

I don't think it has hurt Subban's likelyhood of signing long term but it was a useless risk to take. We payed him significantly less than he was worth simply because we could. That's not a great way to foster a strong relationship. Had we given him around 4m on short term deal the whole bridge thing would make a lot more sense.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote