Old
06-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
I'd like to make a fun thread comparing our current prospects to NHLer's
As the NHL draft is approaching, I'd like to have some fun with comparing our prospects with current NHL players, according to the game-style, size and potential. If you can't find a good comparison, but know a bigger, or smaller player who resembles them, feel free to do the comparison adding the side-note.

You can do any prospect you want, I personally have not watched all the habs prospects play, so it would be informative, to know what to expect from a player. Alex Galchenyuk and other youngsters could be included. You could do a rating out of /10 on the chances of your player reaching that potential.

My personal list:
Jarred Tinordi= Erik Johnson 8/10
Alex Galchenyuk= Jonathon Toews 8/10
Nathan Beaulieu= Mike Green 7.5/10
Sebastian Collberg= Daniel Alfredsson 7/10
Dalton Thrower= James Wisnewski 7.5/10
Louis Leblanc= Janik Hansen 6/10
Morgan Ellis= Johnny Boychuck 7/10
Danny Kristo= Danny Briere 7.5/10
Michael Bournival= Chris Kelly 8/10
Greg Pateryn= Chris Phillips 7/10
Gabriel Dumont= Brad Marchand 7/10
Darren Dietz= Johnny Boychuck (once again) 8/10
Brady Vail= lesser Sean Couturier 8/10

So that is my list, I obviously left out some players because I don't know them too much. Some comparison might be off, so apologize if that offends you, but, to summarize, it looks like the habs have a bright future ahead of them. Specially after this draft
I don't understand the Tinordi-Johson one at all. Tinordi is a big/tough bruising d-man, Johnson is a big mobile guy who is supposed to be an impact guy offensively but who hasn't really put it all together.

Tinordi is more like Weber Chara or Regehr(in his prime).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote