View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 05:28 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
I am not sure if I like this at all. The biggest problem I have is 2nd and 3rd lines. Couturier is going to be used in a defensive role. He has too, no way around it yet. Could you imagine Briere starting in his own end like 65% of the time? I'd cry. And if it were Gagne it would just turn into a defensive line and Line 3 would have to be counted on for offense which would be a lot of pressure on Laughton. Also, Simmonds was easily one of the top 3 forwards on the team. I want him on a top line and him on the first PP. I do like the idea of Schenn on the wing because him and Couts are so bad on the faceoffs having them on 2 different lines losing that many faceoffs was brutal and put a lot of pressure on the defense and goalies. Here is how I would do it, if you wanted Schenn at wing and feel free to disagree

Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds
Schenn - Couturier -Voracek
Gagne - Laughton - Read
Talbot -Hall -Rinaldo
McGinn or w/e

Schenn gets added with Voracek whom he played best with and lets Couts get a chance with some offensive players. Hartnell gets to stay with Giroux (Hartnell at his contract needs to produce). I like the idea of protecting Giroux with Simmonds and Hartnell and them together on the PP was awesome the past 2 season. Gagne and Read would help Laughton a ton. Also, while it puts pressure on Laughton in his own zone, I would feel okay with the top 3 lines in any defensive situation and could rely more on matchups other than "Flyers faceoff in their own zone, better call Couturiers line."
I like these lines as well but I'd switch Simmer and Read. The reason being G needs a shooter and the 3rd line is too small and would get dominated physically. Laughton is a bulldog on the ice but he'll be 19 I highly doubt he'll be out muscling anyone really at that point. Gags has lost a bit of his finish in my eyes which is why I suggested Read on the first line. Read has a very under rated shot IMO and would be an asset as G's wing man. Hartnell and Simmer play a similar game which would probably limit their effectiveness. If it doesn't work out switch Hartnell and Simmonds and supplement whoever is on the 3rd line's EV time with loads of PP time assuming they deserve it. Just my two cents.

I really like Jake and Schenn on the same line again, they were great together.