Thread: Proposal: Roberto Luongo to... ANYWHERE!
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
I agree... it doesn't make sense to me to sell low... I personally think people will be surprised that he commands a reasonable return (nothing insane, but he won't be bought out/traded for a late pick etc). I think people are just getting impatient and want it to be over (has anything really changed from last summer?).

I mean if Tampa had to trade one of Lecavalier or Stamkos..
- Vinnies return is a 5th round pick
- Stamkos return is Giroux

Your a better team with Vinnie and Giroux than you are with Stamkos and a 5th...

Kinda the way I have viewed a Schneider trade
Comparing goalies and centres is a little bit silly though, don't you think?

What it really comes down to is the future of the Vancouver Canucks. How much longer until Luongo retires? How much longer until he stops producing at the level of a #1 goalie? This is why I think the Canucks would be smarter trading Luongo instead of Schneider.

For argument sake, let's predict Luongo stops playing to the capability of a #1 goalie in 5 years.

In 5 years....

Would you rather have

Schneider + Luongo's minimal return in the trade.

Or no number one goalie + Schenider 's return in trade.

I realize their are a lot of variables to consider, like how Eddie Lack progresses. Or maybe the Canucks are able to get a #1 goalie elsewhere. But I just feel the safer move would be to move Luongo, especially considering how Gillis has handled this whole situation.

Will definitely be exciting to see how this plays out, if it does.

Last edited by Hennig: 06-11-2013 at 08:57 PM.