Thread: Value of: Kevin Bieksa
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
I think a hockey trade benefits the Canucks the most. I don't think rebuilding should be an option till the Sedins' retire. Moving a couple core pieces should be in the cards though. For Bieksa we'd target a top 6 winger or 3 rd line centre with offensive potential.
That seems like a heavy price to pay but Kevin is a heck of a hockey player and a leader on the ice. He would be great for any team that acquired him if they were to do so.

Montreal would not be able to fill that 3rd line centre need unfortunately as Desharnais is undersized and I feel Vancouver would be just as content playing Schroeder in that spot and Plekanec is a true #2C and has a high value.

I guess if I was forced to make an offer I would look at something like Bourque + Bournival (In Hamilton right now, but is pretty highly touted in the organization and has a high skill set) and maybe swap picks like a late 2nd for Vancouver's 3rd.

I'm sure Vancouver would be iffy on the deal and to be truthful I would hate to lose Bourque because he fills a need on this club.

Now if Vancouver was willing to look at prospects that would be a different story!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote