Thread: Value of: Kevin Bieksa
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Cloudedthought

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
What exactly is the consensus on what Vancouver is looking for? Are they just wanting a shuffle and reboot - so a hockey trade essentially.

Or are they looking to get younger and acquire some picks and prospects?

Size and grit or speed and skill? I honestly don't have a great gauge on what they are missing. To me, watching them in the playoffs they were lacking the star players stepping up which to me means they might just need a culture change and to cure their goaltending issue that weighs on the club.

Honestly, they would probably be better off staying the course and fiddling with the bottom lines OR complete culture change and make some hockey trades to move their star players. Either way, I don't envy Canucks fans, their window is closing pretty quickly.
We are being pulled in two directions thanks to a GM that cant make up his mind. He says time for a "reboot" and then its leaked he wont trade any of the core. He is quoted saying he wants to be like Chicago one minute and then the other he wants to be like Boston.
So no one really knows whats going on.

I think the selection of the next coach should give us insight and hopefully a nice trade at the draft. If neither happen by July 5th,we can go to "Houston we got a problem"!
That said I am curious to see what they do,its my opinon they cant do much till the Sedins contracts are up.

Cloudedthought is offline   Reply With Quote