Thread: Value of: Kevin Bieksa
View Single Post
06-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Henrik To Daniel
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
What exactly is the consensus on what Vancouver is looking for? Are they just wanting a shuffle and reboot - so a hockey trade essentially.

Or are they looking to get younger and acquire some picks and prospects?

Size and grit or speed and skill? I honestly don't have a great gauge on what they are missing. To me, watching them in the playoffs they were lacking the star players stepping up which to me means they might just need a culture change and to cure their goaltending issue that weighs on the club.

Honestly, they would probably be better off staying the course and fiddling with the bottom lines OR complete culture change and make some hockey trades to move their star players. Either way, I don't envy Canucks fans, their window is closing pretty quickly.
At this point it's basically a re-tool on the fly. Sedins have one more year left on their deal and they are untradeable, so Gillis will be required to let them play out their contracts thus a full rebuild can't be started. However, core pieces like Bieksa and Edler can be and should be made available as it's clear that the team needs a culture change. In his end of season press conference, Gillis stated that he wants the team to get younger and bigger so prospects/picks/young players definitely fit the bill.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote