View Single Post
Old
06-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Yeah, but the identity you "wear" on the pitch is your uniform. Sports shouldn't be mixed with religion. I'm not saying turbans should be banned no matter what, but if they are dangerous they should be. If they are not, well, I don't care. They can wear them if they want, they're the one who will be at a disadvantage. If they were giving them a competitive advantage, he'd be opposed to people wearing them, but they don't... and we're not talking about pros either.
1. Sports shouldn't be mixed with religion, but when part of your religion involves wearing something on your head in public, whether it be a kippah or a turban, and it doesn't interfere with your safety or that of others (as both FIFA and the CSA have studied it to say it doesn't), then the only time an ideology is being forced on the sport is when the FSQ bans headgear to suit its own agenda.

2. With everyone else saying otherwise, it's the FSQ that has the burden of showing this is about safety and not a malicious agenda. Instead they are turning this into a political issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Ok guys, ain't no mod but this isn't the Political board.
Unfortunately this is very important for the future of soccer in Quebec and has global implications, so the subject can't be avoided entirely IMO. Another mod can delete this if they think otherwise. Let's keep the political talk vague and avoid the language/sovereignty issue like the plague, but I'm not going to delete this discussion unless it gets out of line. At least until there's more to talk about Impact-wise.

Last edited by Et le But: 06-11-2013 at 09:53 PM.