View Single Post
Old
10-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

vCash: 500
If he's going to play on the fourth line, moving him to LW was a good idea. I think his top-six forward position is going to be RW, because he is more dynamic there and can create more offense. Like he did in Drummond. But, I think he's better at the crash-and-bang game from the left side. He plays more straight ahead, which is what the fourth line is all about.

It's still early. Reserve judgment until the 9th game. Several other players are in the same boat as Latendresse, including Staal and Letang with my Pens, Bourdon in Vancouver, Vlasic in San Jose and Brule in Columbus.

Personally, I think they should all be playing AHL hockey right now, and I'd like to see the NHL come up with some sort of rule change. I understand that they want to protect CHL franchises, but I think that should NOT come at the detriment of a player's development. Clearly, the guys mentioned above are no longer at a junior level of play. They've outgrown the CHL. But, they could use some minor-pro experience. It's a shame they can't get it.

It's a bad rule for a good cause. Something's gotta give.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote