Old
10-12-2006, 12:41 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
other moves would have to be made. There are 6, perhaps 7 (counting Pock) NHL defensemen on the roster currently. Of the 6 (ex. pock), Tyutin's the cheapest at $950K, so it's not a cheap defense. For Leetch to come, at least one guy would have to be move out of Malik, Rozsival, Tyutin, Ward, Kaspar, Rachunek. Pick a guy, but Leetch doesn't get signed unless something is done with one of those 6. I'm not advocating signing Leetch, even though that appears to be the debate, but I believe it couldn't be done until you solve the other issue.

I did hear again last night during the MTL telecast that Leetch still hasn't decided if he's going to play. It seemed as though Clarke browsed as opposed to actively pursued Leetch. For all we know Sather's trying to deal Kaspar now. Or he has him sitting and 'showcasing' Rachunek. Or he's doing nothing...who knows?
I think it would be easy to move a defensemen. There always seems to be a market. Where I think Leetch could help is, despite his finesse and offensive ability, a north-south player.