Buffalo Bills: Training Camp
View Single Post
06-12-2013, 04:32 AM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Originally Posted by
I see him playing TE in the short term
. But you have to account for Mallet in that situation too.
I don't. They have Gronkowski (if healthy) and Hernandez, and plenty of 2nd and 3rd string TE types on the roster. Why play Tebow at a position that he's never played before?
I see Belichick and McDaniels playing him strictly as a QB, and restarting his development clock. There's nothing for the Pats to lose in this situation. Tebow can sit behind Brady and Mallett, and focus on developing as a QB with no other pressures.
Nearly perfect situation for Tebow:
- clearly the 3rd stringer
- no pressure to start or even dress
- OC who, without question, believes in him
- HC that doesn't allow media hype to develop
- Team that doesn't need him to contribute anything, even in short yardage (Brady converted last 49 one-yard-to-go situations)
- Team that fits his team-first persona
- Organization that can take a chance due to long-term success
- Zero guarantees in Tebow's contract, heavily incentive laden
Perfect situation for both parties. If everything works out, Pats have the QB to keep the success rolling. If Tebow flops, both Tebow and the Pats move on without much tarnish on the New England organization.
NFL.com story on Tebow
View Public Profile
Der Jaeger's albums
Find More Posts by Der Jaeger