View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 07:39 AM
Grant McCagg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
If Mantha is available at 25...TT should no hesitate to select him.
McCoshen at 34, Dauphin at 36 and trade 55 and 71 to pick up around 40 in order to pick Poirier or Dickinson.
After everything you've read about Mantha and have heard about the depth of this draft...TT shouldn't even hesitate picking him eh? I'm taking it that is based on your thorough scouting of his statistical sheet? :-)

There will undoubtedly be hesitation to draft Mantha if he's there. The team is seeking a combo of skill and grit...for obvious reasons. Did you fail to see the Habs get pushed around against divisional rivals last year, particularly in the first round of the playoffs?

Did you notice that Boston..the grittiest team in the league, is in the Cup finals, and the toughest foe they faced was a gritty Leafs' team that is also in our division? I hope you are aware that starting next season the Habs will have to play divisional rivals, most who are full of grit, in the first rounds of the playoffs. Mantha shied away from the dirty areas versus 5-9 Q leaguers..I shudder to think what he'd do in a playoff series versus Lucic and Chara any time soon. Maybe someday he'll figure it out...but believe me..there will be great hesitation in picking him in the first round.

More players the Habs should have drafted in the past "without hesitation"

Pavel Brendl
Steve Bernier
Eric Fehr
Gilbert Brule
Duncan Milroy
Alex Picard
Zach Hamill
Kyle Beach

All were top scorers in their draft year....it's not always about stats.