View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 09:29 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
This was an absolutely ridiculous article. Melanson is probably still ******** on a subconscious level.

Ladies and Gentleman, we cannot speak of how hard CP31 practices, we can only really critique his game. If you're really curious about how well he does, check his game log here.

For last season, ever since he was pulled in that Boston game where Budaj stepped up and won for us in the SO, Price's game pretty much fell off for a good majority of those games. So for 12-13 games he was playing pretty badly/inconsistently. This is what I like to call a goaltending funk. Some goaltenders get into them, some of them stay in them for longer (see Bryzgalov this year).

My point is, RM is off-base saying he is "deteriorating". The year after he left, Price played okay, not good enough to hold onto the #1 job. The following year, Price put up his best numbers ever (regular season and playoffs). The year following this, our team was a circus of which him and probably PK/DD/MaxPac/Cole were the only bright spots on our dysfunctional family.

With that said however, I do feel RM might be right on a few things about Price and Groulx. Price's work ethic seems to be questionable, however I don't believe it. Groulx however seemed like he wanted to appease Price and not make him work harder than he should be working.

Just my thoughts on this article.
there's enough media people attending practices to gives us an idea.