Old
06-12-2013, 09:31 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
If AV bolts to Dallas, then I think it would be imperative to wait until July to interview Tippett (if available). I dont care if hes building 7 houses in Phoenix, if the Coyotes dont have a place to play and things go sour, he'll want out, as will Mike Smith. But its obvious Tippett wants to stay there and the City of Glendale needs to get this deal done. In the end, I think they do and Tippett sweats it out. But again, if AV is hired I think you have to wait and see to be sure.

Each day that passes increases the likelihood that Blysma retains his job with the Pens, so I believe he's out of the mix. The Rangers havent even met with Ruff yet.

I think the Rangers need to jump on Vigneault now, if they feel the interview was a success. If he goes you are looking at Ruff, Messier, Boucher, Stevens, etc as the "top" candidates for Slats.

We really don't want to get into a situation were the talent pool decreases and the idea of Messier appears less of a long shot. I've felt from the start that no candidate has been a real slam dunk for the Rangers. Tippet is my favorite choice, but I think AV is the strongest candidate and the Rangers should get him sooner rather than later.

If the Rangers wind up hiring AV, they'll need to do it in the next week or two.
Possibly (Probably?) will need to pull the trigger on AV by the end of the week.