View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 08:50 AM
EverettMike

vCash: 500
When Predictions Go Wrong (and Right)

Mea culpa time.

I really screwed up my prediction last round against the Pens. I realize I am not the only one, but it doesn’t change the fact that I got it wrong.

Of course, lots of people got it really wrong. That is the very nature of predictions. You get them wrong way more often than you get them right.

Sometimes you get them wrong for the right reasons. You didn’t know a certain player was injured, or a key guy got hurt in the first game and changed everything. Or maybe bad luck cost the better team and the fates were going to ensure that your well-researched, well-thought-out, well-intentioned prediction looked stupid in retrospect, no matter how “right” you were when you made it.

But sometimes you get predictions wrong for the wrong reasons. You didn’t do your homework. You didn’t give one team enough credit, or, more likely, you gave one team too much credit. You just saw all the shiny pieces and forgot that they still need to fit together to make the machine run.

This is where I made a mistake. This is where I got my Bruins/Penguins prediction so wrong. I looked at Pittsburgh and said, “That is a lot of fire power.”

So I am sorry. I won’t do that again. And boy was I wrong. What was my prediction?
Bruins in 5.

I’m ashamed of myself. I didn't mean to disrespect the Bruins like that.

So how about this series? Uuuungh, it seems like everyone on this board is predicting Boston in 6.

But I also think Bruins in 6, so I will go with that and hope I look as stupid as I did last series.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote