View Single Post
06-12-2013, 11:47 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FrenchTickler View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to this website but I have been lurking for a while. When I found this part of the forum I knew I had to register because the Dynasty Mode has always been my favorite part of the NHL franchise and I wanted to share my experience with all you guys. So without further ado I present to you a sneak peak of the GM Mode I will be starting tonight.

The Fall & Rebirth of the National Hockey League

June 11th 2012 Los Angeles Kings win their first Stanley Cup.

June 22nd 2012 Nail Yakupov is drafted 1st overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by the Edmonton Oilers.

July 2012
- Talks of the NHL possibly going into a lock-out if no new CBA Agreement is signed.

- Forbes Magazine publishes an article that mentions the bad financial state of many current NHL teams.

- Certain teams request financial aid from the league but the NHL is unable to provide them with the necessary support in order to pursue operations.

- Gary Bettman announces that they will not try to keep the teams that are financially unstable in the league like they previously did and that these teams will need to find new homes if they want to stay in the NHL.

- The following teams are on the market and need to relocate in order to keep playing in the NHL: Colombus Blue Jackets, Phoenix Coyotes, Florida Panthers, Anaheim Ducks, New-Jersey Devils and the New-York Islanders.

August 2012
- Business people all over North America showed interest in those teams and now that the NHL was not against the relocation of those teams, deals were made quickly and efficiently. The teams relocated as follows:

- Colombus to Seattle
- Phoenix to Las Vegas
- New-Jersey to Salt Lake City
- Anaheim to Saskatchewan
- Florida to Quebec City
- NY Islanders to Halifax

- The rosters stayed the same and the teams kept their respective prospect pools. However there were a few modifications made to the current divisions and conferences.

- The new teams' names and jerseys will be revealed later on before the start of the pre-season.

-The proposed divisional realignment was as follows:

How did you do the re-alignment like this? I've been wanting to do something similar for quite some time.