View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 12:12 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
i liked burmistrov in his draft year. he shows great understanding of the game and plays well in all 3 zones. he shows a "mature" hockey iq. hes a responsible centerman.

his skating is high end. hes creative and dangerous on the pk. hes got great energy and shows a willingness to engage physically.

he is not a high end goal scorer however. hes a creater and a passer first. he works well down low for a guy whos not "big". he works well in close spaces.

if i plug him into say beavers minutes or playing along side a guy like chris krieder or rick nash, i get excited. he can create time and space for our bigger wingers.

we lack offense. we lack skill. we lack speed down the middle. burmistrov can create offense and address many concerns. time for this team to get more skilled.

hes but a part to our top 9 getting alot more skilled. he would make our pk better and more dangerous and he can play top 6 minutes. i like him. you gotta kick the tires atleast.
You were all over Burmistrov during that draft. He's a fine player. Personally i just prefer Schenn.

I'd be happy with either. But with Burmistrov supposedly wanting out of WInnepeg, we shouldn't overpay for him. That decreases his trade value for WInnepeg.