View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Why don't we select Zach O'Brien then? Where's Thomas Beauregard? It's a scouts job to know when production is junior level production and potential pro production. A tall guy with no strength and no desire to use his body will not survive long in the pro game. What does he do in the NHL when he's getting checked constantly into the boards, hit when he gets the puck and has no time to get off his shot? Probably a whole lot of nothing.
I still think there's a big difference between Mantha, O'Brien and Beauregard. For some reason players like Joffrey Lupul, Jeff Carter and so on have all made their way to the NHL with similar issues. Canadiens aren't going to draft the perfect prospect at 25. If available, I doubt he will, Mantha would be great value at that point IMO.

It's not like big, physical guys like Gillies, Terry Ryan, Kyle Beach and a host of others are sure bets either.

In Mantha's case I see his main asset transferable to the NHL. A guy who sees the open spot and wastes no time taking good shots.