View Single Post
06-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Rowley Birkin
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
And the level of competition at the current stage of development should be a factor in your projections.
Firstly, you can only play against whoever your competition is.

You seem to see the fact that playing in the juniors/CHL is flat out negative. Who knows what these guys in junior leagues could do in the Finnish or Swedish pro leagues ? The fact is they haven't had the opportunity, yet you seem to hold this against them.

Secondly, players develop at vastly different rates - and while player A may be better than player B against elite competition at this very moment, that does not mean that player B will not be more effective than player A in the long run as an NHL player.

Surely this is simple - tell me I am not crazy....

It's your choice to ignore pertinent factors... all it does it make your views less relevant
I am not ignoring them. They are factors but nowhere near as important as you obviously make them out to be.

And obviously - because someone disagrees with something you say (and TBH, I am not even disagreeing since we both rate Barkov pretty highly anyway) their opinion is automatically less relevant.