Thread: Proposal: Jets and Flyers
View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 01:01 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
1) You're generalizing. Plenty of Flyers fans see Byfuglien as a very productive and dynamic player. The (legitimate) concerns about his conditioning aside, there are real reasons to doubt whether he's precisely what the Flyers need, and, to be frank, Flyers fans are probably in a better position to know what the team needs than non-Flyers fans.

2) I completely agree. Kane is better than Simmonds, projects to be a far better player, and holds considerably more value. (That said, I don't think the gap in value is as big as S. Couturier, but that's another issue).

Very well stated. Buff has always been suspect in his own zone. Productive in the offensive zone but suspect in his. I doubt anyone would debate this. Is he terrible?? No, but he's not a defensive dman and the Flyers can't afford to have even more breakdowns in their own zone (or more breakaways against). While Buff would help in one aspect he'd be a hinderance in another and as a fan base, we'd be more willing to sacrifice some offense from the blue line to have a better all-around dman. Streit can be signed without it costing us any assets and he'd actually fit our "needs" better.

Regarding Kane vs Simmonds, I love Simmer but if I could swap him 1-for-1 I'd do it and not even blink (and everyone probably would). However, the difference isn't as great as many seem to think. Simmonds is VERY valuable and every team in the league would LOVE to have him for the right price (again, if it costs the Jets Kane they laugh and politely say "no thank you").

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote