View Single Post
06-12-2013, 01:43 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Cue the hilarity and 'LOL HOMER' posts when a 3 yr./5+mil contract is signed, but we can afford it. I honestly don't know why people freak about caphits so much, an extra million than you would've liked is not going to screw the pooch. A player like Streit is exactly what we need and we don't need to give up Couts or Schenn to get him.... That alone is worth an 'inflated' cap hit.
Wait, what? "don't know why people freak about caphits so much"...are you serious? I can't imagine why. It's not like there's this "cap" that the "caphit" counts against, and you can't go over it, and the Flyers are one of the teams perpetually at that "cap". They've mismanaged the cap repeatedly under Holmgren. I fail to see why we SHOULDN'T be worried about him screwing it up again.

I'm wary of this. Yes, it's an area they need to shore up, and Streit matches that pretty well. But, he's 35, and any deal with any sort of length potentially gets you in trouble with an injury. If it's not for too much money, ok, but 5+ and I'm not OK with the deal.

I'm also wondering what this means for the goalie situation. Brzy is gone and we're going with...Mason? Bernier? Someone else? This could be very worrisome as well.