View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
I would rather have Reinhart playing in the AHL getting top line minutes than having him on the 4th line for the Flames. As of now, I'd rather have Jones on the 4th line.

Filppula would be a good player to sign for a stepping stone for our prospects, as Backlund and Monahan/Lindholm will not be ready to play 1st line minutes. I wouldn't mind signing him for 2/3 years worth 4 million per or so. Also, there are rumors going around that Filppula will test the free agency market.
I don't hate Filppula, but if he'd sign for 2-3 years at 4 million he already would've with the wings. I'd like him at 2 years 8 million, but I doubt he'd take that to come to the Flames. I'd be looking at Chicago. They need to get Stalberg, Leddy, Kruger, Bickell, Roszival and a back-up done for around 7 million. Basically they can keep one or two of those players and pick up league minimums for the rest OR they can keep most of them and deal Frolik/Bolland for peanuts. They'll probably buy-out Montador to free up 1.5 as well.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote