View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Embiid
Thank You Hinkie!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
You're probably right about Backstrom. Maybe give him a 1-2 year deal with Vokun money. I can't imagine Thomas getting a starting job anywhere, but we'll see. I'm not sold on Mason either, but I think we've got to roll with him at the start of the season to see what he can bring. Either way, I don't think there's going to be a guaranteed starter going into next year.

IMO, the only thing we can do with the top 6 is to let the kids play. See what they can do. Maybe they could give Horton a look in free agency, but they probably can't afford him. Maybe Penner? I'm not a fan, but he could be an option. I guess money might be an issue there too. We'll see what happens.

As far as the third line goes, I could easily see Gagne in there if they can sign him for cheap (which shouldn't be a real problem). Plus, Gagne could get plugged into the top 6 every now and then, too.
I don't get this Gagne nostalgia....I mean I'm not opposed to keeping him necessarily but I question his true added value. He still has wheels and defensive skills but his health and his deteriorating offensive skills are big red flags. He is going to have to get paid dirt cheap by my standards to warrant taking up a roster spot...