View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 03:18 PM
phillytennis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
I agree. In fact, I would select Poirier at 34 and risk that Dauphin will be there at 36. I think Poirier is a better prospect and this writer would have no regrets if the Canadiens aggressively take him at 25. Dauphin is a nice prospect and will almost certainly play in the NHL. He is one of a number of excellent prospects that will be available between 25 and 36. Everyone on this board has their favorites. I prefer Dickinson to Dauphin. Both are good picks as are all the other names that have been discussed in the lead up to this draft. We're in a great position having multiple relatively high picks in a very deep draft. Let's hope Timmins chooses wisely. To make a mistake in this draft will take a real talent for failure and ineptitude.
I suppose I would choose the guy (between Dauphin and Poirier) who demonstrates through his interview that he would be immensely honoured to be Hab...go through a brick wall to represent the Bleu/Blanc/Rouge. Honour could have a positive affect on our decision. I don't want a player who doesn't care where he goes.
You can tell Gallagher feels honoured to be part of Le Club d'Hockey Canadien.
If both Poirier and Dauphin equally demonstrate the desire to be members of the Hab organization...I would jump at the opportunity of choosing both players.