View Single Post
06-12-2013, 03:37 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You might be right, but I don't believe I've ever heard it before in my life where a player was playing in the Stanley Cup finals and rumors were coming out that him/his agent were talking to other teams to get a new contract. I'm not saying it's never happened or that it couldn't have happened, I'm just saying I've never heard of it happening before. And why am I not surprised that when I finally did hear of it that (a) it was Jagr, and (b) people were rushing to absolve him of any blame. As always.
Well, it's a standard in Czech media. These rumors are common in Czech sport. The transfer window opens few days after the potential game 7. His agent would be an idiot if he didn't act. Even before he came back to NHL there were rumors early in May that he may join Pittsburgh, Detroit, Montreal. The season in KHL is long over and it's obviously not seen as a bad practice to contact player's agent from other leagues during a season.

Even Datsyuk was rumored to be negotiating with Ak Bars to join them for the 2014-15 season in the beginning of this season. How about that? Noone was *****ing he didn't focus on Detroit. Noone was questioning him when he didn't return when he was supposed to at the beginning of this season.

crabcz is offline   Reply With Quote