View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 04:19 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
It's funny, the entire team has a terrible year and we're ready to jettison some of the young guys like Spaling. I just don't get it. He's a team guy. He plays the PK well. The team record when he scores a goal is ridiculous. He's not flashy but he's a perfect bottom 6 guy. He's also going to come cheap. This fan base has wanted to get rid of Klein, Suter and others through the years because they didn't produce at levels they expected. Suter turned into one of the best in the game. Klein is as solid a second pair defenseman as you'll find. Spaling is a solid bottom 6 guy even though he had an off year but he's still real young and we've invested time in him.

I agree this team needs a shakeup of some sorts but we also have a very young team and young teams take time to develop. We will probably be inconsistent for the next year or two but if we let certain guys learn the NHL game, we will be fine in the long run. Patience when it comes to sports teams sucks but I really like the forwards that are coming through our system and as long as we hit a home run with our number 1 pick, we should be golden up front, even if only half the guys I like develop into NHL'ers.
I wouldnt say we are specifically ready to dump Spaling but it clear we have too many Spaling-type players, and someone or two of them have to go, be it Spaling, Hali, Butler, or Yip