View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 04:58 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I don't understand what xbox is doing. How did this all get approved and passed on as something good for them. They are advertising all this stuff like people want it and yet with the exception of galvo and his irrational hate towards Playstation most people seem to view a lot of the new "features" on xbox as a negative, as well they should. Anything that puts restrictions or comes with baggage after buying it should be scrutinized and Microsoft does not have the right answers or at least the answers people want to hear to address their concerns. They seemingly think people are just going to buy it because of the name and they are untouchable, but gamers have shown in the past that they are willing to boycott a product if it is sub-standard, (see Saturn). When it comes to the Privacy issue there are a lot of people out there that simply don't want something impeding on their privacy, they have a very Big Brother attitude towards anything that can be used to track them or better yet monitor exactly what they are doing.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down there New Jersey. First off, I don't hate Sony or Playstation. I've already mentioned countless times that I own nearly every major console and handheld, going back to Nintendo. I earlier admitted to being a Sony fanboy in my teenage years. I have owned or still own the PSX, PS2, PS3 and PSP. I must admit, I do not have the Vita.

Secondly, get approved? That's the most laughable comment I've ever read. Where have you been all of your life? Companies/governments pull off the shadiest of shady deals in order to profit. I'm not saying I find Microsoft's new approach intrusive or worrying, because I really don't feel that way, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to ask who "approved" their actions when everyone, including your loyal government, conducts questionable or even illegal activities.

Quote:
If I had a kid somewhere between 8-12 years old they wouldn't be online on xbox live with the amount of language and abuse that is on that, and we're not talking Call of Duty or Halo, I mean sports titles, anything, and people go nuts. I mean there are adults who do the same thing just stay away from online and such as well, but the point is there. So why should I have to PAY for xbox live after I have already bought the console simply to play games OFFLINE.
1. Parental Controls, Jack. Learn em, use em.
2. You don't need Xbox Live Gold to play local single player games. Xbox Live Silver is free.

Quote:
It all seems like very poor planning and poor evaluation of how their "feature's" would be received.
Tell that to the sales numbers during Q4 2013 and Q1 2014.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote