View Single Post
06-12-2013, 05:12 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down there New Jersey. First off, I don't hate Sony or Playstation. I've already mentioned countless times that I own nearly every major console and handheld, going back to Nintendo. I earlier admitted to being a Sony fanboy in my teenage years. I have owned or still own the PSX, PS2, PS3 and PSP. I must admit, I do not have the Vita.

Secondly, get approved?
That's the most laughable comment I've ever read. Where have you been all of your life? Companies/governments pull off the shadiest of shady deals in order to profit. I'm not saying I find Microsoft's new approach intrusive or worrying, because I really don't feel that way, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to ask who "approved" their actions when everyone, including your loyal government, conducts questionable or even illegal activities.

1. Parental Controls, Jack. Learn em, use em.
2. You don't need Xbox Live Gold to play local single player games. Xbox Live Silver is free.

Tell that to the sales numbers during Q4 2013 and Q1 2014.
Yes get approved; I don't know why that is hilarious. Someone at Microsoft came up with all these ideas, and then someone higher up from them said "yep I see nothing wrong here that sounds awesome". Most people value their privacy. The rest of that part of your statement is worrisome, and a whole different argument entirely that I'd rather not get into however as a quick aside; Do you really feel that when a government specifically your government engages in illegal or questionable activities or practices no one should ask questions about it?

You are correct on the Gold/Silver, I completely forgot about it to be honest.

I think Microsoft and yourself will be plenty surprised when the sales reports come out in Q1 of 2014 if Microsoft doesn't back off of the DRM stuff.