Old
06-12-2013, 05:12 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Well the last part was a joke but still a 13 percent increase is substantial when nothing has changed besides a players age. Sure it's hockey and raises like that happen often, sometimes even more but typically something changed such as demand or a players production.

Furthermore if I think he isn't deserving of a raise why would I think it ok for him to ask for a raise? Just cause it happens doesn't mean it's right or that it's deserving. Regardless maybe audacious was the wrong word to use in this situation...doυchey seems more appropriate.
Well that is completely different from what you have been seeing. I agree 100% that it is a dick move in terms of the Pens and Pens fans POV. Everyone hates when their best players leave over money disputes. But he certainly is well within the realm of reasonableness in asking for it. This isn't like Ville Leino asking for the moon when he scored a whopping 53 points. This is one of the best players in the world asking for a $1.3 million raise when his contract is up.