View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
If he does (and assuming we don't know it), we really can't chance waiting it out. All of the other options will have dried up.
yeah I agree. Gotta make a decision sooner rather than later for the reason you just mentioned.

Personally, I like the Messier option because he knows the organization, city, team, players, prospects, etc. He probably has gone over what he'd do if he was the coach of this team. Yeah, he is an inexperienced coach, but that may be best for him and then he will surround him with good assistant coaches. The front office has a lot of NHL experienced staff and some former NHL coaches. If they feel Messier can coach in the NHL right now with this team, then so be it and i'll enjoy it like I enjoy every Rangers season. Also, this could be why Mike Sullivan has not been let go yet...

I am also interested in Tippett for obvious reasons, but Boucher is an interesting option as well. Who knows how either would do in New York City and what player changes they would want to bring in their own guys.

I don't make the decisions for the Rangers, so I just sit back and watch and enjoy the hockey news.