Old
06-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balance View Post
It's actually foolish to believe otherwise. Loktionov and Henrique are both the same age and played on the same OHL team. Loktionov has a better PPG rate than Henrique in not only the OHL but also the AHL. Loktionov also outplayed Henrique in his first season and that can be evidenced not only by stats and watching them play but Deboer replacing Loktionov over Henrique as the center for Kovalchuk.

What is the difference between Henrique and Loktionov? Henrique was drafted by a team that lacked center depth and Loktionov was drafted by the deepest team in the NHL in center depth.

To think both won't be similar in point production throughout their career is a pretty radical statement and I wouldn't bet on it.
Hey wow. I won't say I've agreed with everything you've posted in this thread so far, but this seems pretty spot on. As recently as two years ago, Loktionov was a top-10 prospect in hockey. Henrique's a great player already and we should be psyched to have him, but it's not wrong to expect a whole other level of offense out of Loktionov, because that's the kind of skill he's been advertising since his OHL days.

Hockey Sports Fan is online now   Reply With Quote