View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
If we are talking realistically, I would love for us to get Boyd Gordon for the 4th line/PK, he would cost about 1.5mil but the guy is awesome, and extremely underrated. Great faceoff man (55+%), great Pker, can play on a higher line if needed, can get 20 points a year, insanely good defensively...

Then sign Gags for ~ 2.4-2.8 mill, buyout Briere and Bryz, get rid of Mez for whatever we can, LTIR Pronger.

Hartnell (4.75) - Giroux (3.75) - Voracek (4.25)
Schenn (0.90) - Couturier (0.93) - Simmonds (3.98)
Gagne (2.6) - Laughton (0.93) - Read (0.90)
Rinaldo (0.75) - Gordon (1.5) - Talbot (1.75)
Rosehill (0.68)

Timonen (6.00) - Schenn (3.60)
Streit (5.50) - Coburn (4.50)
Gustafsson (1.30) - Grossmann (3.50)
Gervais (0.83)

Mason (1.50)
Whoever (Mike Smith, Greiss, Emery (I know at least 1 of the three will be likely unavailable, but they are all decent)

54.40 overall

9.9 Mill cap space without goalie, could even make a play at a free agent top 9 winger instead of Gags and have 5 mill left, and we do need space for the re-signings and the apparent signing of Ryan a few years down the line!

Couts needs to be given a chance in a more offensive role.

I think this team would get into the playoffs, while not tying the teams hands behind its back for the future, if we did not have another injury year from hell the defensive side from both a D and forward perspective could be immensely good.

The worries would be the Goaltending consistency (but hey... nothing new) and maybe some chemistry/development between the 2nd and 3rd causing droughts in secondary scoring.

If we really are moving towards a more defensive system as well this lineup would suit it.