View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 08:32 PM
FLYERSFAN18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Top free agents rarely sign one year deals, I don't think Horton will buck the trend this year.

Ryan is proven 30 goal scorer. Couturier is just potential at this point, that's why we're not getting a top defensemen. A second line center is also a lot easier to acquire than a number one defensemen.
Horton isn't a must hav for me. He is more a player i see as a nice fit for 1 year. If he wants a long term deal then the Flyers are not the team for him IMO.

The 4 most important players on a team are your top two defenders and your top two centers. Teams just don't trade those players for nothing. They are the hardest to trade for in the league. And there are no good ones on the UFA market this year. Elias is available but he is 37. There is also Derek Roy, Weiss, Cullen and Handzus but none of those are high quality #2 centers. If my team was desperate for a #2 center and those were my options or matt read I would choose Read every time. That doesn't mean that is how Anaheim sees it but that would be my offer and I think it is a fair trade.

The only other players i can think of off the top of my head that could be available would be Stastny since they have Duchene and O'Reily or Brad Richards especially if he gets bought out. But Richards would probably be in high demand from other teams as well, like St. Louis

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote